lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DIH Commit Issue
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2016 00:40:21 GMT
I would set the times in the autoCommit to a large number (or -1 I
think). It's possible that there's a default there if the autocommit
section is found but nothing specified, you'll have to look at the
code to be sure.

But what I would do is use aliasing (either core if you're in
stand-alone or collection if you're in SolrCloud). Index to the
offline collection, and when you're satisfied switch the alias. That
way these updates are all atomic.

Best,
Erick

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 2:38 PM, AJ Lemke <aj.lemke@securitylabs.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a DIH issue where the index will commit after 1 and 2 minutes then will not commit
again until the end.
> We would like the commit to happen at the end so the index does not lose 75% or more
of the records until the end of the process.