lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Memory leak in Solr
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 19:27:42 GMT
We’ve been running Solr 4.10.4 in prod for a couple of years. There aren’t any obvious
memory leaks in it. It stays up for months.

Objects ejected from the cache will almost always be tenured, so that tends to cause
full GCs.

If there are very few repeats in your query load, you’ll see a lot of cache ejections.
This can also happen if you have an HTTP cache in front of the Solr hosts.
What are the hit rates on the Solr caches?

Also, are you using “NOW” in your queries? That will cause a very low hit rate
on the query result cache.

We can’t help without a lot more information, like your search architecture, the
search collections, the query load, cache sizes, etc.

Finally, this is not a question for the dev list. This belongs on solr-user, so I’m
dropping the reply to the dev list.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org