lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject Solr seems to reserve facet.limit results
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 11:21:54 GMT
Hi - in some cases we want all facets values and counts for a given query, it can be 10k or
even 10m but also just one thousand.

Despite the number of actual results, queries with a very high facet.limit are three to five
times slower compared to much lower values. For example, i have a query that returns roughly
19.000 facet results. Queries with facet.limit=20000 return within 200 ms but queries with
facet.limit= 20 million return after around 800 ms. This is in a cloud environment.

I vaguely remember an issue where Solr reserves the requested limit, is there an open issue
about this?

Thanks,
Markus