lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Hendrik Haddorp <hendrik.hadd...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: create collection gets stuck on node restart
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 13:23:40 GMT
Problem is that we would like to run without down times. Rolling updates
worked fine so far except when creating a collection at the wrong time.
I just did another test with stateFormat=2. This seems to greatly
improve the situation. One collection creation got stuck but other
creations still worked and after a restart of some nodes the stuck
collection creation also looked ok. For some reason it just resulted in
two replicas for the same shard getting assigned to the same node even
though I specified a rule of "shard:*,replica:<2,node:*".