lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mike Thomsen <mikerthom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr ACL Plugin Windows
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 12:36:14 GMT
I didn't see a real Java project there, but the directions to compile on
Linux are almost always applicable to Windows with Java. If you find a
project that says it uses Ant or Maven, all you need to do is download Ant
or Maven, the Java Development Kit and put both of them on the windows
path. Then it's either "ant package" (IIRC most of the time) or "mvn
install" from within the folder that has the project.

FWIW, creating a simple ACL doesn't even require a custom plugin. This is
roughly how you would do it w/ an application that your team has written
that works with solr:

1. Add a multivalue string field called ACL or privileges
2. Write something for your app that can pull a list of
attributes/privileges from a database for the current user.
3. Append a filter query to the query that matches those attributes. Ex:

fq=privileges:(DEVELOPER AND DEVOPS)

If you are using a role-based system that bundles groups of permissions
into a role, all you need to do is decompose the role into a list of
permissions for the user and put all of the required permissions into that
multivalue field.

Mike