lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bram Van Dam <bram.van...@intix.eu>
Subject Re: Atomic updates to increase single field bulk updates?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 10:36:07 GMT
> I am aware of the requirements to use atomic updates, but as I understood, those would
not have a big impact on performance and only a slight increase in index size?

AFAIK there won't be a difference in index size between atomic updates
and full updates, as the end result is the same.

But you will probably see a performance increase because you'll only
have to send 40000 boolean flags instead of 40000 full documents.

Using atomic updates sounds like a good idea to me.

 - Bram