lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Maciej Ł. PCSS" <labed...@man.poznan.pl>
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 08:25:22 GMT
Dear All,
how should I handle the following scenario using SOLRJ?  Index a
collection of documents (fill fields a, b, c). Then index the same
collection but this time fill fields d, e, f.

In a pseudo-code it would be: step1(collectionX); step2(collectionX);
solrCommit();

See my observations below:
- first step is done by calling SolrInputDocument.addField(fieldName,
value); and this works fine.
- if I do the same for the second step then all fields in my documents
get removed;
- for that reason I need to call SolrInputDocument.addField(fieldName,
Collections.singletonMap("set", value)); and then it's fine
- but for some field, if I do the call from above, then the indexed
values are like "{set=value}" instead of just "value".

Can somebody explain this strange behaviour to me?

Regards
Maciej