lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ere Maijala <ere.maij...@helsinki.fi>
Subject Removing duplicate terms from query
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 11:24:46 GMT
Hi,

I just noticed that while we use RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilter during
query time, it will consider term positions and not really do anything
e.g. if query is 'term term term'. As far as I can see the term
positions make no difference in a simple non-phrase search. Is there a
built-in way to deal with this? I know I can write a filter to do this,
but I feel like this would be something quite basic to do for the query.
And I don't think it's even anything too weird for normal users to do.
Just consider e.g. searching for music by title:

Hey, hey, hey ; Shivers of pleasure

I also verified that at least according to debugQuery=true and anecdotal
evicende the search really slows down if you repeat the same term enough.

--Ere