lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Rogers <chris.rog...@bodleian.ox.ac.uk>
Subject Problem managing Solr configsets on Zookeeper
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:16:07 GMT
Hi all,

I’ve got a Zookeeper (3.4.8) / Solrcloud (6.4.0) setup with two nodes.

I’ve successfully uploaded a collection through one of the Solr nodes:

~~~
bin/solr create -c tolkien -d  tolkien_config -s 2 -rf 2
~~~

I’ve then changed the schema.xml in the config set for this collection (in the /server/solr/configsets/
folder), and used the upconfig zk command to upload it:

~~~
bin/solr zk upconfig -z 172.28.128.9:2181 -n tolkien_config -d /home/bodl-tei-svc/solr-6.4.0/server/solr/configsets/tolkien_config
~~~

I’ve then used the collections API to reload the collections. I’ve run this command for
both Solr nodes:

~~~
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=RELOAD&name=tolkien
~~~

All these commands appear to execute successfully. I can confirm that the config is successfully
uploaded to Zookeeper, as the downconfig command returns the correct files.

HOWEVER, the content of the Schema UI in the Solr admin does not change. Fields I had removed
were still there, and fields added were not.

I then decided to delete the collection entirely, and recreate a new collection with the new
schema, but the schema for this new collection remains the same as the old collection!

It’s as if the old config has been cached somewhere or something…

Am I missing a stage or command here?

Many thanks,
Chris

--