lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Kramer <David.Kra...@shoebuy.com>
Subject Re: Issues with uniqueKey != id?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2017 23:06:43 GMT
I’m just setting that up now. I’m far from a Solr expert so I won’t swear we’re doing
it right though

Our issue is that we have documents, nested 3 deep.  Products, Items, and SKUs.  Each has
an ID field that’s unique within the document type, but unfortunately we have products with
the same ID as Items, etc.  So we created a new field UUID that’s a concatenation of the
document type (first letter, actually) and the ID, which is unique.

The program that creates the import file builds that field, as it’s my understanding you
can’t use copyfield for the unique key field for some reason related to SolrCloud (sorry
I don’t have the URL for where I saw that).  I would love to be able to copyfield them together
though and have the import file be smaller.

On 2/3/17, 11:49 AM, "Matthias X Falkenberg" <MFALKENB@de.ibm.com> wrote:

    Howdy,

    In the Solr Wiki I stumbled upon a somewhat vague statement on the
    uniqueKey:

    >  https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SchemaXml#The_Unique_Key_Field
    >  It shouldn't matter whether you rename this to something else (and
    change the <uniqueKey> value), but occasionally it has in the past. We
    recommend that you just leave this definition alone.

    I'd be very grateful for any positive or negative experiences with
    "uniqueKey" not being set to "id" - especially if your experiences are
    related to Solr 6.2.1+.

    Many thanks,

    Matthias Falkenberg

    IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzende des
    Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
    Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
    Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
    HRB 243294