lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.biale...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: Heads up: SOLR-10130, Performance issue in Solr 6.4.1
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 22:37:02 GMT

> On 13 Feb 2017, at 13:46, Ere Maijala <ere.maijala@helsinki.fi> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> this is just a quick heads-up that we've stumbled on serious performance issues after
upgrading to Solr 6.4.1 apparently due to the new metrics collection causing a major slowdown.
I've filed an issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10130) about it, but decided
to post this just so that anyone else doesn't need to encounter this unprepared. It seems
to me that metrics would need to be explicitly disabled altogether in the index config to
avoid the issue.

> --Ere

Unfortunately this bug is present in both 6.4.0 and 6.4.1, and needs a patch, ie. config changes
won’t solve it.

It’s a pity that Solr doesn’t have a continuous performance benchmark setup, like Lucene
does.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki