lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From xavier jmlucjav <jmluc...@gmail.com>
Subject procedure to restart solrcloud, and config/collection consistency
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:24:22 GMT
Hi,

When I need to restart a Solrcloud cluster, I always do this:
- log in into host nb1, stop solr
- log in into host nb2, stop solr
-...
- log in into host nbX, stop solr
- verify all hosts did stop
- in host nb1, start solr
- in host nb12, start solr
-...

I always wondered, if this was not really needed, and I could just call
'restart' in every node, in a quick loop, and forget about it. Does anyone
know if this is the case?

My doubt is in regards to changing some config, and then doing the above
(just restart nodes in a loop). For example, what if I change a config G
used in collection C, and I restart just one of the nodes (N1), leaving the
rest alone. If all the nodes contain a shard for C, what happens, N1 is
using the new config and the rest are not? how is this handled?

thanks
xavier