lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Hastings <DHasti...@wshein.com>
Subject Re: Question about best way to architect a Solr application with many data sources
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 01:20:07 GMT
And not to sound redundant but if you ever need help, database programmers are a dime a dozen,
good luck finding solr developers that are available freelance for a price you're willing
to pay. If you can do the solr anyone else that does web dev can do the sql

> On Feb 21, 2017, at 8:17 PM, Dave <hastings.recursive@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> B is a better option long term. Solr is meant for retrieving flat data, fast, not hierarchical.
That's what a database is for and trust me you would rather have a real database on the end
point.  Each tool has a purpose, solr can never replace a relational database, and a relational
database could not replace solr. Start with the slow model (database) for control/display
and enhance with the fast model (solr) for retrieval/search