lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Riemer <s.rie...@littera.eu>
Subject SolrClient.queryAndStreamResponse - QueryResponse should be used with care
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:19:59 GMT
Dear solr users,

I am considering to switch from SolrClient.execute to SolrClient.queryAndStreamResponse, because
I want to display the process of query execution.
I've found http://stackoverflow.com/a/15810200/2747410 which seems to be a good starting point
for me.

However, the docs for SolrClient.queryAndStreamResponse state that:

"*Although this function returns a 'QueryResponse' it should be used with care
   * since it excludes anything that was passed to callback.  Also note that
   * future version may pass even more info to the callback and may not return
  * the results in the QueryResponse."

Since I heavily depend on the QueryResponse-Object in the calling code which executes the
query, I would really like to keep that as result to work with. Does anyone know what exactly
is being passed to the callback (and thus is not included in the QueryResponse)?

I currently use the following from the QueryResponse-Object:

*         getGroupResponse()

*         getResults()

*         getFacetField()

*         getFacetFields()