lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Gazzarini <gxs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: custom plugin version
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 10:40:03 GMT
Hi Zaccheo,
I don't think this is possible, this is something related with the
classloader behavior, and even if there's a "priority" rule in the JVM,
I wouldn't rely on that in my application.
That could be good in a dev environment where you can specify the
"order" of the imported libraries (e.g. Eclipse), but definitely not so
good outside (IMO).

As far as I know, there's no a built-in way to declare the version of
custom components, but you could adopt the same approach of Lucene, with
something like a Version class that drives the behavior of your component.
In this way you will have

  * always one jar (better: unique classes FQNs), so no classloader issues
  * a behavior that changes depending on the configuration

Best,
Andrea