lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: field with stored="false" is still stored
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2017 03:10:24 GMT
On 4/17/2017 4:40 PM, Maria Muslea wrote:
> I just upgraded to SOLR 6.4.1 from SOLR 4.10, and am having trouble with
> fields set as stored="false".
>
> I edited solrconfig.xml according to the documentation, so I could edit the schema using
schema api.

> <schemaFactory class="ManagedIndexSchemaFactory">
>    <bool name="mutable">true</bool>
>    <str name="managedSchemaResourceName">managed-schema</str>
>  </schemaFactory>
>
> I added a field using "Add Field" from the Schema GUI, and the field does appear in managed-schema
as:

> <field name="concept" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false"/>

In newer versions of Solr, certain field classes have docValues enabled
by default.  I think StrField is one of them.  I tried to look at the
code to verify this, but was unable to figure it out on short notice.

Fields with docValues enabled will show up in search results even if the
field is not stored, unless you disable the
|useDocValuesAsStored|setting on the field.

Thanks,
Shawn