lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Vrinda Ashok <Vrinda.As...@infinite.com>
Subject RE: Loadbalance for SorCloud using SolrNet
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 07:53:38 GMT
Thanks  Shawn.

So do you suggest to have external load balance ? Something like HA proxy or physical load
balance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apache@elyograg.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:36 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Loadbalance for SorCloud using SolrNet

On 4/20/2017 12:47 AM, Vrinda Ashok wrote:
> I have application  sending request to Shard1 each time, making this single point of
failure. Please suggest what can I use for Load balancing in SolrNet.

> Is there something like CloudSolrClient as in SolrJ ? Or will I have to go with HA proxy
or physical load balance only ?

SolrNet was not built by the Solr project.  It was developed by somebody else.

Unless SolrNet has the capability of using more than one base URL to access Solr and failing
over if one of them becomes unusable, you will need a separate load balancer.  I have no idea
whether SolrNet has that capability.

Thanks,
Shawn

the addressee(s).

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify so to the sender by e-mail and delete
the original message.

In such cases, please notify us immediately at info@infinite.com . Further, you are not to
copy,

disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any unauthorized person(s) .Any such
actions are

considered unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infinite has taken every reasonable
precaution to minimize

this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this
e-mail. You should

carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachments. Infinite reserves
the right to monitor

and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent
to or from this e-mail

address may be stored on the Infinite e-mail system.

***INFINITE******** End of Disclaimer********INFINITE********