lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Clean checkbox on DIH
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2017 12:51:17 GMT
On 4/28/2017 5:11 AM, Mahmoud Almokadem wrote:
> I'd like to request to uncheck the "Clean" checkbox by default on DIH page,
> cause it cleaned the whole index about 2TB when I click Execute button by
> wrong. Or show a confirmation message that the whole index will be cleaned!!

When somebody is doing a full-import, clean is what almost all users are
going to want.  If you're wanting to do full-import without cleaning,
then you are in the minority.  It is perhaps a fairly large minority,
but still not the majority.

Also, once you move into production, you should not be using the admin
UI for this.  You should be calling the DIH handler directly with HTTP
from another source, which might be a shell script using curl, or a
full-blown program in another language.

Thanks,
Shawn