lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Questions about the read and write speed of solr
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 06:19:41 GMT
On 4/19/2017 6:31 PM, hu.xiaodong@zte.com.cn wrote:
> What is the speed of reading and writing about solr?
>     Can someone give me some data of Performance?

This question is too vague to answer.  What exactly are you wanting to
read and write?

Even if you ask a more detailed question, the answer is probably going
to be "it depends."  Performance depends on a lot of things -- the
hardware, the nature of the documents you're storing in Solr, how many
of those documents there are, the nature of the queries you're making,
and other things I haven't thought of right now.

A related but not precisely applicable discussion:

https://lucidworks.com/sizing-hardware-in-the-abstract-why-we-dont-have-a-definitive-answer/

Thanks,
Shawn