lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Loadbalance for SorCloud using SolrNet
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 07:06:20 GMT
On 4/20/2017 12:47 AM, Vrinda Ashok wrote:
> I have application  sending request to Shard1 each time, making this single point of
failure. Please suggest what can I use for Load balancing in SolrNet.

> Is there something like CloudSolrClient as in SolrJ ? Or will I have to go with HA proxy
or physical load balance only ?

SolrNet was not built by the Solr project.  It was developed by somebody
else.

Unless SolrNet has the capability of using more than one base URL to
access Solr and failing over if one of them becomes unusable, you will
need a separate load balancer.  I have no idea whether SolrNet has that
capability.

Thanks,
Shawn