lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Maria Muslea <maria.mus...@gmail.com>
Subject prefix facet performance
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 00:16:03 GMT
Hi,

I have ~40K documents in SOLR (not many) and a multivalued facet field that
contains at least 2K values per document.

The values of the facet field look like: A/B, A/C, A/D, C/E, M/F, etc, and
I use facet.prefix.

q=*:*&rows=0&facet=true&facet.field=concept&facet.prefix=A/

with "concept" defined as:

<field name=“concept" type="string" indexed="true" multiValued="true"/>

This generates the output that I am looking for, but it takes more than 10
seconds per query.

Is there any way that I could improve the facet query performance for this
example?

Thank you,

Maria