lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to Insert and retrieve data from specific shard in Solr 6.1.0
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2017 06:27:31 GMT
Why? By it's nature, SolrCloud usually doesn't care about what shard a
document came from. Unless you use "implicit" routing, even _you_
don't know what shard the doc landed on.

But if you insist, address the request to a particular _replica_ that
happens to belong to the shard and add &distrib=false to the request.

Your request looks like
http://server:port/solr/collection/collection1_shard1_replica1?q=whatever&distrib=false.

Best,
Erick