lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mixing AND OR conditions with query parameters
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:47:46 GMT
Michael's comments are spot on, and the deeper thing you should be
aware of is that Solr query parsing does not implement strict boolean
logic, see Chris Hostetter's excellent blog here:
https://lucidworks.com/2011/12/28/why-not-and-or-and-not/

As Michael suggests, parenthesizing carefully can make the parsing
behave like boolean logic.

Best,
Erick