lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Gazzarini <gxs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index and query time suggester behavior in a SolrCloud environment
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 10:57:51 GMT
Hi Shalin,
many thanks for your response. This is my scenario:

  * I build my index once in a day, it could be a delta or a full
    re-index.In any case, that takes some time;
  * I have an auto-commit (hard, no soft-commits) set to a given period
    and during the indexing cycle, several hard commits are executed. So
    the buildOnCommit (I guess) it's not an option because it will
    rebuild that suggest index several times.

But I have a doubt on the second point: the reference guide says:

/"Use buildOnCommit to rebuild the dictionary with every soft-commit"/

As I said, I have no soft-commits only hard-commits: does the rebuild
happen after hard commits (with buildOnCommit=true)?

The other option, buildOnOptimize, makes me curious: in the scenario
above, let's say documents are indexed / deleted every morning at 4am,
in a window that takes 1 max 3 hours, how can I build the suggest index
(more or less) just after that window? I'm ok if the build happens after
a reasonable delay (e.g. 1, max 2 hours)

Many thanks,
Andrea