lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mikhail Ibraheem <mikhail.ibrah...@oracle.com>
Subject JSON facet performance for aggregations
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2017 07:48:44 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to do aggregation with JSON faceting but performance is very bad for one of the
requests:

json.facet={

   studentId:{

      type:terms,

      limit:-1,

      field:"studentId",

                  facet:{

                  x:"sum(grades)"

                  }

   }

}

This request finishes in 250 seconds, and we can't paginate for this service for functional
reason so we have to use limit:-1, and the cardinality of the studentId is 7500.

If I try the same with flat facet it finishes in 3 seconds :  stats=true&facet=true&stats.field={!tag=piv1
sum=true}grades&facet.pivot={!stats=piv1}studentId

We are hoping to use one approach json or flat for all our services. JSON facet performance
is better for many case.

Please advise on why the performance for this is so bad and if we can improve it. Also what
is the default algorithm used for json facet.

Thanks

Mikhail