lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Underlying file changed by an external force
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 22:03:24 GMT
On 5/11/2017 3:49 PM, Oakley, Craig (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
> FWIW, we now have a hypothetical suspect. We are getting these errors on three CentOS7
hosts, each of which recently had antivirus software installed.

Lucene index files tend to be large binary files where almost any
combination of bytes is possible.  Antivirus software should have an
exclusion for your solr home, because the possibility of a match in a
Lucene index file against one of the antivirus signatures is high.

If the antivirus software is configured to automatically clean any
infections it finds, this would be a VERY bad thing to happen to an
index in your Solr install, and would explain the error message you're
seeing.

Thanks,
Shawn