lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)" <cpoersc...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Re:Opposite termfrequency / Solr LTR
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 13:03:01 GMT
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the question.

The existing FieldValueFeature class uses the field value and you would instead like to map
the value to a number that will vary from query to query.

External feature information (efi) can help with the query-to-query variation but for the
mapping we don't (as yet) have features to support that (I think).

Here's what the configuration and usage for a new FieldValueMapFeature class might look like:

# configuration
{
  "name":  "userCategoryHistory",
  "class": "org.apache.solr.ltr.feature.FieldValueMapFeature",
  "params": {
      "field" : "category",
      "defaultValue" : 0,
      "mapping" : "${userHistory}"
  }
}

# usage
...&rq={!ltr model="myModel" efi.userHistory="{ 'shoes' : 3, 'socks' : 1 }"}

The http://apache.markmail.org/thread/wegba65qxfkyhnge mailing thread is related, though slightly
different, and may also be of interest.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,