lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From ken edward <kedward...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about typical/simple clustered Solr software and hardware architecture
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2017 19:07:32 GMT
Hello,

I am brand new to Solr, and trying to ramp up quick. Please correct me
if I am wrong, but from what I read, in a true production environment,
is it true that :

1. Solr is made up of only "node" processes and "zookeeper" processes?

2. Each node and zookeeper process ideally runs on it's own physical server?

3. Searches can be sent to any of the node processes?

4. A typical HA configuration would put a proxy or load balancer out
in front of the nodes to distribute the work?

Ken