lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Angel Todorov <attodo...@gmail.com>
Subject SOLR Suggester returns either the full field value or single terms only
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2017 21:42:00 GMT
Hi guys,

I am trying to configure the Suggester in a way that i get google-style
auto suggestions:

- I don't want the suggestions to be the _whole_ field value
- I don't want the suggestions to be single terms

For example, if I have a field that has the value "The brown fox jumped
over the fence"

and I type "br" for example, I would like the get things like "Brown" and
"brown fox", but not the whole sentence. Also, i don't want my results to
be just single terms, but to also include phrases.

I have tried a lot of configurations and have found out that if I use the
Document Dictionary Factory, I get the whole field value as a result, If I
use the Fuzzy Dictionary, I only get single terms as results. Nothing
similar to my requirements.  My config is properly configured and my field
type is stored, because i am getting results, it's just that the results
are not what I'd expect.

Would greatly appreciate if you can guide me to the right config.

Thanks,
Angel