lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject RE: Questions about typical/simple clustered Solr software and hardware architecture
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2017 20:02:14 GMT
Hello, see inline.

-----Original message-----

You run N number of Solr nodes depending on your needs. For a HA environment, you run one
or more shards (depending on size of data), and three or more replica's. These are all Solr
nodes. You need three Zookeepers at least for proper HA.

> 2. Each node and zookeeper process ideally runs on it's own physical server?

Doesn't need to be physical, virtual is fine. Zookeeper can run on small VM's without issues.

> 3. Searches can be sent to any of the node processes?

Yes.

> 4. A typical HA configuration would put a proxy or load balancer out
> in front of the nodes to distribute the work?

Yes, or a cluster-aware client, such as SolrJ if your application uses Java.