lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From mganeshs <mgane...@live.in>
Subject Re: Allow Join over two sharded collection
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2017 15:57:42 GMT
Hi Susheel,

Currently we have around 20M documents already and we are expecting now on
that every month 1M of documents.
The reason why don't want to for time based implicit routing is that, all
documents will end up with recent shard and so indexing will be heavy for
the new shard, where as older shards will be used just for query purpose.
If we have default sharding, then load for indexing is distributed across
all the shards. That's the reason we would like to stick to default
sharding. But Join is the issue over here when default sharding is used :-(