lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Creating a custom auth plugin for solr
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:07:18 GMT
I assume you already read http://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/authentication-and-authorization-plugins.html
<http://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/authentication-and-authorization-plugins.html>
When you implement a custom auth plugin you are free to e.g. pull HTTP headers for validation,
like the BasicAuth plugin does.
Then, your plugin will OK the authenticated user and you may then use the built-in authorization
plugin to configure what that user can do in the system.

I suggest you start looking at the code for the existing plugins and work from there, and
then come back and ask questions when you’re stuck.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com