lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chellasamy G <chellasam...@zohocorp.com>
Subject Disadvantages of having many cores
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 14:04:08 GMT
Hi,

I am working on a log management tool and considering to use solr to index/search the logs.

I have few doubts about how to organize or create the cores.

The tool  should process 200 million events per day with each event containing 40 to 50 fields.
Currently I have planned to create a core per day pushing all the data to the day's core.
This may lead to the creation of many cores. Is this a good design? If not please suggest
a good design.(Also, if multiple cores are used, will it slowdown the solr process' uptime)

Thanks,

Satyan