lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Solr 6.5.1 crashing when too many queries with error or high memory usage are queried
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 08:46:28 GMT
You have not told us how many documents you have, how many shards, how big the docs are, physical
RAM, Java heap, what typical search latency is etc.

If you have tried to squeeze too many docs into a single node it might get overloaded faster,
thus sharding would help.
If you return too much content (large fields that you won’t use) that may lower the max
QPS for a node, so check that.
If you are not using DocValues, faceting etc will take too much memory, but since you use
streaming I guess you use Docvalues.
There are products that you can put in front of Solr that can do rate limiting for you, such
as https://getkong.org/ <https://getkong.org/>

You really need to debug what is the bottleneck in your case and try to fix that.

Can you share your key numbers here so we can do a qualified guess?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com