lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: index new discovered fileds of different types
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 08:53:30 GMT
If you do not need the flexibility of dynamic fields, don’t use them.
Sounds to me that you really want a field “price” to be float and a field “birthdate”
to be of type date etc.
If so, simply create your schema (either manually, through Schema API or using schemaless)
up front and index each field as correct type without messing with field name prefixes.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 5. jul. 2017 kl. 15.23 skrev Thaer Sammar <t.sammar@geophy.com>:
>
> Hi,
> We are trying to index documents of different types. Document have different fields.
fields are known at indexing time. We run a query on a database and we index what comes using
query variables as field names in solr. Our current solution: we use dynamic fields with prefix,
for example feature_i_*, the issue with that
> 1) we need to define the type of the dynamic field and to be able to cover the type of
discovered fields we define the following