lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Amrit Sarkar <sarkaramr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parent child documents partial update
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2017 17:44:22 GMT
Sujay,

Not really. Parent-child documents are stored in a single block
contiguously. Read more about parent-child relationship at:
https://medium.com/@sarkaramrit2/multiple-documents-with-same-doc-id-in-index-in-solr-cloud-32c072db2164

While we perform partial / atomic update, say {"id":"X",
"fieldA":{"set":"Z"}, that particular doc with X will be fetched (all the
"stored" fields), update will be performed and indexed, all happens in
*DistributedUpdateProcessor* internally. So there is no way it will fetch
the child documents along with it.

I am not sure whether this can be done with current code or it will be
fixed / improved in the future.

Amrit Sarkar
Search Engineer
Lucidworks, Inc.