lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steve Pruitt <bpru...@opentext.com>
Subject default values in multiValue field
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2017 17:58:50 GMT
Are default values supported for fields defined as multivalued text?  I can't get it to work.
Scouring the documentation, I found nothing indicating the two attributes are mutually exclusive.
I found a couple of online examples indicating the two attributes can be used together.

I have this field type defined in my schema.

<field name="survey_answer" type="text_ws" indexed="true" stored="true" required="false"
multiValued="true" default="no response provided"/>

and this input

<doc>
:
<field name="survey_answer"/>
:
</doc>

The default value is not set.

I changed the schema to a string type, but it still doesn't work.

<field name="survey_answer" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" required="false"
multiValued="true" default="no response provided"/>

Thanks.

-Steve