lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Ulicny <culi...@iq.media>
Subject Get handler failure
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2017 12:30:28 GMT
Hi all,

I've run into an issue in a test environment where a document exists, but
fails to be retrieved consistently by /get requests. In a series of 10
requests for the specific document across a few minute timespan, one of the
middle requests returned a null document.

Currently, nothing is updating existing records in the collection, so it
couldn't have actually been deleted.

The test cloud and collection have 3 nodes, 6 shards, and 1 replica per
shard. Based on the fact that the node that was queried was not the node
the document resided on, I assume that there may have been a temporary
connectivity issue that we're unaware of and the request couldn't find the
document and returned null.

So is that a possibility, and are there any other circumstances where the
/get handler would not be able to return a document that exists in a
collection?

Thanks,
Chris