lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Alcorn <malc...@redhat.com>
Subject Per Text Field Similarity Measures for Learning to Rank
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 14:18:52 GMT
Hi all,

I recently prototyped a learning to rank system in Python that produced
promising results, so I'm now looking into how to replicate that process in
our Solr setup. For my Python implementation, I was using a number of
features that were per field text comparisons, e.g.:

   1. tfidf_case_title_solution_title
   2. tfidf_case_description_solution_title
   3. ...
   4. bm25_case_title_solution_description
   5. bm25_case_description_solution_description

where each solution field had its own independent index. I was wondering if
any of you all had recommendations on how to do that type of thing in Solr.
It looks like the SolrFeature class might be the way to go, but my
colleagues who are more familiar with Solr than I am weren't sure it was
possible.

Thanks,
Michael A. Alcorn