lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mixed index with commongrams
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2017 15:21:08 GMT
bq: will that search still return results form the earlier documents
as well as the new ones

In a word, "no". By definition the analysis chain applied at index
time puts tokens in the index and that's all you have to search
against for the doc unless and until you re-index the document.

You really have two choices here:
1> live with the differing results until you get done re-indexing
2> index to an offline collection and then use, say, collection
aliasing to make the switch atomically.

Best,
Erick