lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautović <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: Automatic creation of indexes
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2017 16:12:09 GMT
>Emir, your message did not actually include anything related to the presentation you mentioned.
Ups - seems I forgot to paste: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gzwAgrk47c <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gzwAgrk47c>

Emir

> On 1 Nov 2017, at 15:03, Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org> wrote:
>
> On 10/31/2017 5:32 AM, Jokin Cuadrado wrote:
>> Hi, I'm using solr to store time series data, log events etc. Right now I
>> use a solr cloud collection and cleaning it deleting documents via queries,
>> but I would like to know what approaches are other people using.
>> Is there a way to  create a collection when receiving a post to a
>> inexistent inded? So i could use the date as part of the index name, and
>> the cleanup process would be just to delete the old collections.
>
> Solr will not automatically create indexes/collections/shards.
>
> Automatic handling of time-partitioned indexes is something that is being worked on by
at least one Solr developer.  There is no ETA available.

> Emir, your message did not actually include anything related to the presentation you
mentioned.  There's no URL pointing anywhere.  If you included it as an attachment, that's
generally something that doesn't work on this list -- most attachments are filtered by the
list software.