lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <elyog...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Stateless queries to secured SOLR server.
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2017 02:13:12 GMT
On 11/1/2017 4:22 PM, Phil Scadden wrote:
> Except that I am using solrj in an intermediary proxy and passing the response directly
to a javascript client. It is expect json or csv depending on what it passes in wt=

That's a different use case than I had imagined.  Thanks for the detail.

My statement about SolrJ is correct if the code that will handle the
response is Java.  Sounds like it's not -- you've just said that the
code that will actually decode and use the response is javascript.

When the code that will handle the response is Java, SolrJ is a perfect
fit, because SolrJ will handle decoding the response and the programmer
doesn't need to worry about the format, they are given an object that
contains the full response, where information can easily be extracted by
someone familiar with typical Java objects.

There probably is a way to access the full response "text" with SolrJ,
rather than the decoded object, but I do not know enough about the
low-level details to tell you how that might be accomplished.  If you
can figure that part out, then you could use SolrJ and have access to
its methods for constructing the query.

With your Java code simply acting as a proxy, the way you're going about
it might be the best option -- build the http request with a particular
wt parameter, get the response, and pass the response on unmodified.

Thanks,
Shawn