lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <edwinye...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2017 04:05:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently using Solr 6.5.1.

I found that in the IndexMergeTool.java, we found that there is this line
which set the maxNumSegments to 1.

writer.forceMerge(1);

For this, does it means that there will always be only 1 segment after the
merging? From what I see, that seems to be the case.

Is there any way which we can allow the merging to be in multiple segment,
which each segment of a certain size? Like if we want each segment to be of
20GB, which is what is what is set in the TieredMergePolicyFactory?

<mergePolicyFactory class="org.apache.solr.index.TieredMergePolicyFactory">
<
double name="maxMergedSegmentMB">20480</double> </mergePolicyFactory>

Regards,
Edwin