lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Faraz Fallahi <faraz.fall...@googlemail.com>
Subject Huge Query execution time for multiple ORs
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2017 10:07:44 GMT
Hi

I have a question regarding solr queries.
My query basically contains thousand of OR conditions for authors
(author:name1 OR author:name2 OR author:name3 OR author:name4 ...)
The execution time on my index is huge (around 15 sec). When i tag all the
associated documents with a custom field and value like authorlist:1 and
then i change my query to just search for authorlist:1 it executes in 78
ms. How come there is such a big difference in exec-time?
Can somebody please explain why there is sucha difference (maybe the query
parser?) and if there is a way to speed this up?

Thx for the help