lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Hendrik Haddorp <hendrik.hadd...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Solr on HDFS vs local storage - Benchmarking
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 14:16:13 GMT
We did some testing and the performance was strangely even better with
HDFS then the with the local file system. But this seems to greatly
depend on how your setup looks like and what actions you perform. We now
had a patter with lots of small updates and commits and that seems to be
quite a bit slower. We are about to do performance testing on that now.

The reason we switched to HDFS was largely connected to us using Docker
and Marathon/Mesos. With HDFS the data is in a shared file system and
thus it is possible to move the replica to a different instance on a a
different host.

regards,
Hendrik