lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Hendrik Haddorp <hendrik.hadd...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: SolrJ with Async Http Client
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 12:52:25 GMT
There is asynchronous and non-blocking. If I use 100 threads to perform
calls to Solr using the standard Java HTTP client or SolrJ I block 100
threads even if I don't block my program logic threads by using async
calls. However if I perform those HTTP calls using a non-blocking HTTP
client, like netty, I basically only need a single eventing thread in
addition to my normal threads. The advantage is less memory usage and an
often better scaling. I would however expect that the main advantage
would be on the server side.