lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Nawab Zada Asad Iqbal <khi...@gmail.com>
Subject trivia question: why q=*:* doesn't return same result as q.alt=*:*
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 23:14:28 GMT
Hi,

In my SearchHandler solrconfig, i have q.alt=*:* . This allows me to run
queries which only have `fq` filters and no `q`.

If I remove q.alt from the solrconfig and specify `q=*:*` in the query
parameters, it does not give any results. I also tried `q=*` but of no
avail.

Is there some good reason for this behavior? Since I already know a work
around, this question is only for my curiosity.

Thanks
Nawab