lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Issue
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 00:33:56 GMT
wait, what is it you want to do? Streaming is built expressly to
handle very large result sets. It is _not_ really designed to deliver
pages at a time. Why do you want to use it at all?

Why not just use straight Solr, perhaps with cursorMark if you want to
page deeply. The query is something like:
q=status:‘N’ -status: ‘Y’
or
q=status:‘N’&fq:-status: ‘Y’

Best,
Erick

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 1:35 PM, Lewin Joy (TMNA) <Lewin.Joy@toyota.com> wrote:
> ** PROTECTED 関係者外秘
> Hi,
>
> I am using Solr 6.1 and am facing an issue with a complex scenario.
> Could you help figure out how this can be achieved in Solr?
>
> We have items:  A, B, C . There will be multiple record entries for each items.
> For our understanding, let’s say the fields for these records are: primary_key,item_name,status.
>
> I need to retrieve all records with status= ‘N’ and filter out items which has any
of it’s record matching status: ‘Y’

> For record set below, the query should only return me records 1 and 2.
> Primary_key
>
> Item_Name
>
> status
>
> 1

> 2

> 3

> 4

> 5

> 6

> 7

> Currently, I am using Streaming Query expressions to do complement() operation.
> But the number of records with status= ‘Y’ is too huge and causes performance Problems.
> And secondly, streaming query exports with Joins and complements can’t be used properly
for bringing out paginated outputs.