lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From mganeshs <mgane...@live.in>
Subject docvalues set to true, and indexed is false and stored is set to false
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 10:03:58 GMT
Hi,

If I have set following in the schema

<dynamicField name="Fields_*"  type="string"  indexed="false"
stored="false" docValues="true"/>

What will be the impact of deleting a single field, "Fields_one" field or
what's the impact of adding a new field "Fields_100" ?

Will the whole document will re-indexed again, or only this field alone will
be deleted and added correspondingly.

Idea here is we are trying to avoid complete re-indexing of document ( as
document would be very huge one and number of documents are also in huge,
and we have a situation, where we may need to add one new dynamic field to
all the documents or to remove a dynamic from all the documents ).

Early responses are really appreciated !

Regards,