lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From mganeshs <mgane...@live.in>
Subject Re: docvalues set to true, and indexed is false and stored is set to false
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 12:43:53 GMT
Hi,

I guess my point is not conceived correctly.

Here I am talking about the field  "In Place Updates
<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/updating-parts-of-documents.html#UpdatingPartsofDocuments-In-PlaceUpdates>

"

As per above link, it says that complete document will not be re-indexed
during updates, if the field is set as docValues="true" and indexed and
stored is set as false.

But I want to know whether complete document will re-index, when I delete a
field of type "docvalue" is set as true, but indexed and stored is set as
false. Also when I add new field of type "docvalue"is set as true, but
indexed and stored is set as false.

Hope my question is clear now.